Thursday, April 5, 2012

Reno and Lake Tahoe

A few weeks before Thanksgiving, Chyler's grandpa called and said that he was getting married the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Since Chyler was really close to his grandparents growing up, he really wanted to go. We were planning to take Carson to Disneyland but I guess that will have to wait.
Here is the picture that their friend/photographer took
They just had the wedding in their living room and had some friends over
He asked Chyler to be the best man and Grandpa was so excited to have us there and introduce Chyler to everyone. They all knew who he was, so apparently he talks about Chyler a lot.
This is how Kade stands when he is getting ready to run. He spreads his legs, leans back on one leg, then says, "set, go" and takes off running, it is so funny. And as I mentioned in the last post about Kade taking his clothes off all the time, he started taking off his pants in the middle of the wedding. I was so embarrassed.
Since the wedding was in the middle of the day and then everyone was visiting, the boys didn't get a nap. Carson curled up on the chair and passed out and Kade fell asleep in our arms.
Grandpa Neil actually lives at Pyramid Lake about 30 mins outside of Reno so we stayed at Circus Circus Reno for the first 2 nights then went and stayed at Neil's house on Sunday and Monday after all the festivities were over.
On Saturday night after the wedding, we went down to play all the games and then had dinner at a BBQ restaurant they have there.
Carson wanted to take a picture and I was surprised at how well he did.
On Monday, Grandpa Neil drove us out to Lake Tahoe because he knew how much I wanted to see it. We stopped at Carson City along the way and saw the capital building.
4 generations minus 1
First glimpse of the lake
Chyler and I love stopping at little local restaurants when we travel, this was Big Daddy's burgers I believe and it was pretty good.
Everyone says that Carson is so Chyler and in this picture, they even have the same expression. I thought it was funny.
Kade was just having a ball
After we got lunch, we drove around till we could get to the actual lake. It was freezing but we wanted to get out and look.
There were these huge pine cones that the boys wanted to look at
I was really sad that this picture came out so dark but I didn't realize it till after we left
Taking a look at a snowman someone had built.

No comments: