Since we didn't do much for the boys' birthdays, we thought it would be fun to go to the Mini Grand Prix with their cousins. I can't count how many times we rode the slide but they loved it and it was the only ride that Kade and Ryder were tall enough to go on.
Brilynn and Carson, but Carson refused to look because he is super stubborn
He is so cute when he actually smiles for me.
On Friday, Alan and Grandpa took the kids to McDonalds and the girls went to Cheesecake Factory for my birthday. I love it there.
So sad.
Sunday morning, my friend asked if Carson could say the scripture in Primary. When we talked to him about it, he said he wanted Austin to help him. Austin got embarrassed so Tyler went in there too and was actually who helped him. When they told Carson to go up, Carson ran right up but then he didn't talk loud enough to be heard. It did look silly though having 6' Tyler and 6'4" Austin sitting there with the Sunbeams waiting to say the scripture.
After the blessing, which was an hour before the court of honor, we had to leave to drive to California for Chyler to do a job for one of the companies Chyler works for. We had done if the week before too and it was going to be every Monday and Tuesday for 6 months but after the 2nd week of going down, they decided they wanted to get the job done faster and had to hire a local company. Chyler was thrilled because he was worried about not being here for his clients and Elders Quorum but I liked the idea of seeing my mom every week and the steady income. But it is nice not having to drive 8 hrs every week with my growing belly or I didn't like sleeping alone 2 nights a week so I guess it all worked out.
March 10th was a big day for Kade's mom, aka me. I was putting him to bed and telling him I love him and he took his thumb out of his mouth and said "love you." That was the first time he had said it and I was so happy to hear it. And especially happy that he didn't make me wait for months to hear it like Carson did.
March 10th was a big day for Kade's mom, aka me. I was putting him to bed and telling him I love him and he took his thumb out of his mouth and said "love you." That was the first time he had said it and I was so happy to hear it. And especially happy that he didn't make me wait for months to hear it like Carson did.
Since we were busy with family on my birthday, we celebrated on March 17th by going on a hot date. We went to dinner at the Macaroni Grill and going to see "This Means War." We were also going to go get a purse for my birthday but it was raining so it would have taken too long. Just an excuse to go on another date. Chyler wouldn't take a normal picture so this is all I got.
For conference weekend we talked about leaving town because that is the only way I fully get Chyler. But he promised not to work or anything so we decided to save money and stay at home. He didn't keep his promise completely but we still had fun. We love diners but they don't have very many in Vegas. But he works a block from this diner and he said that every time he drives by, it is always packed so we decided to try it for lunch before we went shopping for the boys spring/summer clothes. It was really good but not as cheap as we expected it.
And it had lots of little places to take pictures, I felt like a tourist. The boys behaved so well that the old man sitting behind us walked by and told Chyler what good looking boys he had. I don't think they saw when Carson bounced the straw wrapper ball off his spoon and onto his table. Daddy is such a bad influence!!
Carson doesn't normally nap so when he was really quiet one afternoon, I went looking for him. I looked in the office but didn't see him until I couldn't find him anywhere else, I looked in the chair facing the wall and this is how I found him.
We now have church from 11am-2pm which is the perfect time but it always tires Kade out so he normally falls asleep on the way home. Chyler put him in our bed instead of the crib for some reason and he looked so cute, I had to take a picture.
This is Carson's friend Brad over at Brad's house. We love going over there for play dates.
This picture is out of order but these are what I woke up to at the foot of my bed on my birthday. Chyler is so sweet.
This bad boy took a year of my life!! I bought it on March 31, 2011 and I completed it on March 27, 2012. I love how it turned out but it was a beast to refinish. I started the dresser right away and had to spend hours and hours and hours to sand off the finish. By the time I was finished, I was too scared to start on the drawers because of the bebbled edge around them. Jodi and Patrick used it while they were here till October so it didn't sit lonely during that whole time. I finally saw a blog that used citri-strip and I fell in love when I tried it. It still took a long time and several steps but it was way better than hours and hours of sanding. This baby is going in my estate because I have so much time vested in it!! When I started it, it was going to go in my room but then we bought the black bed so it no longer matched and it is now in Carson's room and the dresser I bought to for Carson's room is now in mine. I finished that last week too and I will post pictures of that once I find knobs for it, I am currently using shoe laces to open the drawers.






No comments:
Post a Comment