Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Finally Finished the Table Tent Castle

I started making this castle for the boys in November to give to them for Christmas but I didn't finish it in time so they got it just in time for the birthday party in February. They were so excited the night I finally put it on the table. Here Kade is eating the carrot and he's not happy with the taste.
Most people make these on a small card table but I went crazy and did it on my large counter height dinning room table which is 54 in on each side. It made for some difficult sewing but I love how it turned out. The only pattern I had was for the vegetables, minus the pumpkin, and the squirrel. Everything else I had to make up as I go along.
Just a shot of Kaden.
I love how the owl turned out and there are a lot more flowers that the boys had already taken out.
This is my favorite part of the whole thing. I found a coloring page on google and recreated it in a larger scale.
When the fabric was folded over, Carson thought he would help me by doing some cutting. Instead of cutting it out, I just patched it since this is just the top piece.
The boys still love the castle and I am so glad I made it but will never do another on again since it took so much time. Since it is right off the pantry, the boys often go in there will snacks they are not supposed to have or Kade loves to go in there to pout.

No comments: