Wednesday, April 4, 2012

November 2011

After tons of planning and thought, I finally decided how I wanted to do the boys room. We have a queen bed in there now and I didn't want to get rid of that because we constantly have family in town so I decided that I wanted a loft bed to go over it. But if we are making a loft bed, I figured we should just do an entire loft so they can play up there as well. So I drew a picture and my awesome husband built it. Since Chyler works so much, it took a while to complete it so you will see it develop of the next couple months.
I first had to paint, which Chyler will not help me with cause he hates to paint. So I had to test tons of colors and text them to my sisters for their input. I finally decided to two greens on top and a tan/taupe on the bottom. The boys always want to help me paint but of course they don't have any painting clothes so I make Carson paint in his underwear. Yep, that is the boys up on the shelf in the closet, they used the toddler bed as a ladder to climb up there. Don't worry, I was painting right below them.
So proud of themselves and I admit, I was kind of proud of them too.
The bottom half done, check out that line. Not that it matters because it is going to be covered up but I thought I did a good job, high five to me!!
This is a car seat cover I made for a friend. It took me forever to figure out it since I didn't have a pattern and I had never done a ruffle all the way around before but it turned out super cute.
Silly boy
Chyler stopped playing XBox for a long time but then borrowed a game and was letting Carson play with him with the argument that all he can do is walk around. But I still wasn't cool with it so Chyler stopped at Game Stop one day about bought a used Lego Star Wars game. He loves it and is now obsessed with all things Star Wars. My mom brought up all the movies at Thanksgiving, he wants Star Wars bedtime stories, he pretend plays Star Wars, and of course loves playing the XBox game. It is so funny.
Kade's new thing is to take all of his clothes off. It drives me crazy because he will stretch out all the necks of his shirts. But he didn't start doing it until it was cold, so now he is freezing when he takes them all off.
My cousin Robbie had an AVM rupture in his brain in August a month before he graduated from Endodontist school. It has been a long and scary recovery but he is doing really good now for his condition and we are all still praying for a full recovery. But his high school friends put on a Race 4 Rob event to raise money for them and it was great to see all the people out to support him.
It was a really nice day too.
I threw my friend a baby shower and here are a few pictures from it
Here are the beginnings of the loft on November 15th. Chyler took the exact measurements, including how the room gets wider, built it in the drive way and brought it upstairs. He did such an amazing job that it fit like a glove, he put in one screw and could totally support it with one hand while he put in the rest of the screws. We debated about doing a slanted latter but wanted the added support of the 4x4 posts, this baby is so secure, it isn't going anywhere. We never wanted to worry about someone getting hurt especially as they get bigger. The hardest part of the whole project was finding straight wood which as anyone who builds knows is so hard to do.
I can't wait till it is all done. Notice the green paint on top.
Here is the progress as of November 29th. We had hoped to have it done by the time we had family for Thanksgiving but Chyler's grandpa decided to get married so we made a quick trip up to Reno the weekend before Thanksgiving.
We thought it would be safer to take the fan out and just have a light. I'm worried about the summer, so we may have to get a wall mounted fan or something cause it just gets way too hot here. Chyler and his dad used the router to install all the stairs, once again, we wanted everything to be as secure as possible and didn't want to worry about L brackets loosening.
Every time Carson turns on Star Wars, the boys sing the theme song. I think it is so cute, especially Kade trying to do it, that I wanted to get it on camera.

No comments: