Monday, December 7, 2009

19 Months and Driving Us Crazy

This post is a little old but I wanted to catch up. I meant to take Carson's 18 month picture but I never got around to it. So we are just going to skip over that and I will scan in the picture I took at JC Penny. I just wanted to write down all the crazy, funny, and sometimes frustrating things that Carson has been doing lately. The Pantry-Carson has discovered the pantry. Since he could open doors, he would hide in the pantry but now he has discovered that there is food in there. He will go in there and get any food he can reach and bring it to me. Since he is such a picky eater now, I will give him what he brings me thinking he might actually eat it but nope, he still doesn't. Sometimes he brings me the crisco and corn starch and gets so mad at me if I won't feed it to him. The Dark-Carson is not scared of the dark in the least bit. Since power is so expensive in Las Vegas, I am really good at turning all the lights off except for the room we are in. However, that doesn't stop him from wondering off and playing in a dark room. One night, we were watching TV in our room so the only lights in the whole house were the tv and my bed side table lamp. Carson wondered off which isn't unusual but when Chyler went looking for him a while later, he found him about to climb back up the stairs with the huge box of Cheerios. That was one of the first times he brought food out of the pantry but we couldn't believe he did it in the dark. Hands-Carson has been able to go up and down the stairs for a long time by himself, we never even shut the gates anymore. We started holding his hand while going up and down so he could walk like us, however, we soon discovered that we are no longer able to walk up or down without holding his hand or he will just sit and scream until we do so. He is big enough now that he can walk up and down himself yet we still have to hold his hand. And if we have something in our hand, then we just better figure out how to hold everything because he still demands that we hold his hand. And being the daring kid that he is, he will just dive forward and expect us to hold him which cracks him up but totally scares me because sometimes I'm not prepared. He also has discovered how to take us places. Whatever we are doing, he will come and grab our hand and pull us to where ever he wants us to go. It gets really annoying because he just wants to go up and down the stairs for no reason at all. TV-Carson hasn't really been into TV until recently. Most the time I would have it on but he would mostly just play and stop occasionally to watch. But a few weeks ago, I got some DVDs from the library of Baby Einsteins and ever since then he has been hooked. Last night he sat and watched almost the entire Bee movie, we were shocked. It is to the point now, that in the last few days, if the tv isn't on, he will bring me the remote so I can turn it on, we have created a monster. I haven't been watching much TV lately because I have been on an craft fix lately so it hasn't bothered me that he always wants to watch his shows. But last night I wanted to watch So You Think You Can Dance so after his DVD was over I turned on my DVR to watch it and a few minutes later, Carson drags Chyler in to turn his DVD back on. We couldn't believe he was already trying to play us against each other. I was on the phone with my friend Sylvia planning our activities days and when I got off I found Carson surfing in the living room in this broken egg. The eggs were old so I had put them on the counter by the trash to go outside, obviously Carson had other plans for them.
I felt bad all summer because Carson was couped up inside all the time because of my morning sickness, so on a good day, I decided to take him to the splash park to play. He loves water.
Rice crispy treats are a favorite in our house and when I make them we like to eat them warm while we watch a movie. Carson jumped right into this tradition and grabbed a piece as big as his head instead of waiting for us to feed him.
Going to work-Chyler wears a hat to work so it is always downstairs and Carson always plays with it. One night we were downstairs and Carson puts the hat on, goes and opens the garage door and went and stood in the dark garage until we went out to get him. It was so funny and Carson was so proud of himself for going to work like daddy.
Since I have been watching Presley, I have pulled out Carson's bouncy chair and the walker and Carson LOVES them both especially the bouncy. He is always in it and he takes his naps in it and watching tv in it and just cuddles up with his blankets.
Carson has discovered that pens write. In addition to writing on himself, he has drawn on books, my floor, the office drawers and one day he even wrote on Presley's head, just a little bit though. Now we have to constantly hide them all and can never find them when we need them.
Carson still doesn't have much hair but he still has a few hairs from birth that are way longer then the rest so after giving Chyler a haircut one night I decided to trim his few strays that like to stick strait up. So I don't even know if you can call that his first hair cut. Since fall was coming, I decided Carson needed some shoes since he was growing out of his sandals. I held up two pairs to him and he picked these black ones. When I got home and showed Chyler, Carson decided he wanted to wear them, sting and all.
And try to run around the house in them.
Since Michele is done having kids, she sent up all of her baby girl clothes for me (I didn't know yet that I was having another boy). Carson took it upon himself to open up the boxes before I put them away and pull out a pair of 0-3 month pink pants. I pretty sure he had some help putting them on!! Carson decided for a little while that he was too old for his highchair and insisted on eating at the table which isn't good for my fabric chairs.
This picture is self-explanatory, he discovered our game closet. I need to post his funny things more often so I will remember them because there were way more things I wanted to write about that I can't remember right now.

3 comments:

Bri said...

This is a funny post... Noah is driving us crazy right now too. Mostly because he is just so whiney... he sounds like a whimpering puppy dog most of the day! Carson is so cute though!! Aren't you excited for another boy?! ;)

Alan and Kiersten said...

i'm loving the picture in the pink pants...awesome. isn't it fun when they're into EVERYTHING??? oh man, gotta love it. he's so blasted cute!

Jill said...

stinkin' cute!