Sunday, February 13, 2011

Carson Update

This will be a long post talking about all the funny things that Carson does that I want to write down. Some things are older that he doesn't even do anymore but like I said, I just wanted to get it down.

  • One morning we were all asleep after a rough night (hence why we were all in my bed), and Kade started fussing. Before I could do anything about it, Carson rolls over, pulls Kade onto his arm, pats his back and says, "I got him." It was one of those moments I hope I always remember.
  • He also gets so excited when Kade does things. The first time that Kade pulled himself up to stand next to a little chair Carson came running to tell me, "Kade's standing, Kade's standing!" To see Carson get so excited to for him was so special, I don't know how people can have just one child.
  • Whenever I call for Carson now, he always yells back to me, "one minute" or "I'm coming."
  • One thing that I think is so cute is that he always says ah instead of a. Like, "there's ah cow," instead of "there's a cow."
  • My nose is falling down--Carson started saying this all the time when he has a runny nose (which has been constant this winter), I love it but Chyler still hasn't heard him say it.
  • His new saying that he says all day is "I want something." I don't know if he is just being lazy in not saying what he really wants or if he is just worried that we won't give it to him if he tells us what he really wants or he just doesn't know what he wants but he sure loves to say it.
  • Just in the couple months he has started to pout all the time. I mean slump the shoulders, slowly walk away, bend the head, curl up in the corner type of pouting and let me tell you that it drives me crazy. Now, anytime someone besides us tells him no or kids don't play the way he wants them to, he pulls this. If anyone has advice to stop it, please let me know.
  • He has gotten a ton better about going to people, that is if he is in a good mood. But now, he will run up to my parents or his aunts and uncles and give them big hugs and smiles which he hardly ever used to do.
  • Carson loves his cousins and we sure have been seeing a lot of them with the holidays and everything. One day I was in my craft closet right by my front door and he made me open the door to check if "my cousins" were there. I am so glad he loves them so much. After we got home from my parents for Christmas, Carson was looking at a picture of my niece Emma and he said, "it's my best friend Emma." So sweet.
  • Carson always climbs on the roof of his car to get something on the counter or whatever he wants. But a couple of weeks ago, we were upstairs and we hear a huge crash and Carson screaming. Turns out, he was standing on it to get cookies out of the pantry and obviously fell. He had a goose egg on the back of his head by the time I got down stairs. Hopefully he has learned his lesson finally.
  • Like most kids, this little monster loves candy, cookies, and soda just like his daddy. He asks for them first thing in the morning and continues all day long. Don't worry, I limit it almost too much I think. The poor kid still has most of his Halloween candy left.
  • Carson is really good in not hitting or biting and such Presley and Kade, but what he does do is uses his whole body to kind of push them away or block them from his stuff. Or he will lay on them or roll over them to get what he wants. I guess I am glad that he isn't constantly hitting but I don't like this either. Luckily he only ever does it to Presley and Kade, anytime he is in nursery or with other kids that he doesn't know well, he is usually very good.
  • He loves going to nursery, he always runs right in. One day I picked him up from nursery and they told me that while they were coloring, a little girl dropped her crayon on the other side of the table but he got up and ran around so he could pick it up and give it to her. And he loves to make sure that all the kids and their dads have toys so he will pick up toys and pass them out if he feels you need them.
  • When we went to my parents house for Christmas, my niece who is Carson's age doesn't take naps and they all go to bed early. Since we were there with them for a week, I decided to try out that schedule. For the most part it has been going really well. I don't have to fight him to take a nap and he passes out at bed time which used to be a two-hour process. The bad thing is that on days that he really needs a nap, he doesn't want to take on and then he falls asleep around 5pm and then stays up way late. Not fun.
  • Carson loves going to church and every time he sees one, he says "mom, I see the church."
  • Wells Fargo gives away dum dums and now every time we pull into the drive thru, he starts saying, "mom, I want a sucker" and he says it over and over and over and over again. Thanks Wells Fargo!!
  • This is one of my favorite things that Carson does. It started a few months ago when I was sitting on my floor doing my makeup and Carson was picking up pieces and saying "what's this?" I say, "mascara", he says, "mascara? Yay that's right." He says it like he is quizzing us, it is so funny. He proceeded to do this with several other pieces.
  • Carson has this book with letter magnets that he calls "my ABCs" And there is a picture of a nail and one sacrament meeting Chyler pointed out the nail and Carson said "no, it's a trumpet." Chyler said they argued about it for awhile and then the next Sunday when he pulled it out Chyler pointed it out again and Carson said it was a nail. Crazy kid.
  • Carson loves to help both me and Chyler. He helps with emptying the dishwasher, doing laundry, fixing things with Chyler, etc. And he wants to do everything on his own. Like with brushing his teeth, he has to climb up on his own, grab his tooth paste, open the cap and put paste on. I have to tell him it's my turn to brush his teeth and then he has his turn. Then when he is done, he has to rinse this brush and tap it on the sink two times because that is what I always do. Sometimes during his turn I will brush my own teeth and he will sit and watch me and try to copy what I am doing. He is so inquisitive. It sures takes more time to do everything but I figure that at least he is learning.
  • Since Carson and Presley are together all the time they have more of a brother and sister relationship vs a cousin one. When they get along, it is so fun to see. This week I was in the shower while Presley and Kade were napping and Carson came and told me that she was crying so I told him to go open the door for her. When I got out of the shower, I went to check on them and they were sitting on the side of the toddler bed playing with my phone, so cute. And Carson always says "come on Plesley" (that's how he pronounces it these days) or "NO Plesley" when he gets mad at her. He also loves to tell her what to do all the time and then she turns around and does the same thing to Kade.
  • Carson has always loved to cuddle, I think that is why he always wants to sleep with us. But when he gets in the right mood at night he comes over to me and says cuddle or cuddle me. It is so sweet so I always drop what I am doing to cherish it.
  • When he wants me to hold him up so he could see something, usually something in the pantry, he always says "hold you" instead of hold me.
  • This week when Chyler got home from work we were kissing and Carson apparently was not wanting to wait any longer for Chyler to play with him so he picked up a diaper and started hitting us with and said, "hey, stop kissing." We thought it was pretty funny.
  • He has always collected things in weird places. Like he has this mega blocks bus and he will jam anything and everything in there like puzzle pieces, ribbon, snacks, balls, etc. And then he loves to line things up like all of his trucks, or his books and just last week I went down stairs and he had his chairs, truck and car all in a row.
  • Whenever he hears something, he always says "what's that noise." Or if Kade is being too loud he yells at him "Kade, you're too noisy." It always makes me laugh.
  • I love listening to Carson sing his ABC's and he is getting so good at them. He always knows most of his shapes but we are still working hard on his colors.
  • Since we live near Nellis Air Force base, there are always jets flying around that leave the white trail of smoke or whatever it is. So every time Carson sees it, he points and says "its a comet." And while we were driving around closer to town he has started calling the Stratosphere a rocket. Who said that TV isn't educational?

No comments: