Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's Official

Ok, so our master bedroom is down the hall from the nursery and because of that, I wasn't really excited about moving Carson into his crib. It was just so easy having him in he bassinet right next to my bed when I had to feed him at night so I didn't want to move him. However, as you can see from the picture, it's time. The poor little guy is so big that he just doesn't fit in the bassinet anymore. When he is restless at night, he pulls his legs into the air and lets them fall down. So while doing this, they would fall onto the sides of the bassinet and sometimes he would even let his foot chill on the side for a few minutes. The night I took the picture was his last night before I moved him into the crib.
The first night he slept in the crib was a little hard for us. Chyler kept making fun of me because I went to check on him so many times but I know that he missed him too. However it was very clear to us that he loved his crib because now he sleeps with his arms spread straight out. Prior to moving him, I got him down to only feeding him once at night. He eats at 9:00pm and usually falls asleep while feeding and then he doesn't eat again until 5:30 or 6:00 am. On a good night, he stays asleep that whole time. On a not so good nights, he usually wakes up around 4:00am and I give him his binky and he goes back to sleep. I don't know how parents get their babies to sleep through the night because I have tried it all and he just won't have it. But I am happy with the progress we have made so far.

3 comments:

Alan and Kiersten said...

wow - i would totally consider that sleeping through the night! on a GOOD night brilynn goes down at 11 wakes up at 3 and then again between 5 and 6. on a bad night she thinks it's time to get up at the 3:00 waking. yeah those are fun i PRAY for what carson does! count yourself lucky!

Jill said...

Way to go. That's pretty dang close to all night, and if he goes back down at 5:30 or whenever - you're lucky!

Anonymous said...

I pray for the day that Kayson sleeps for more than 3 1/2 hours at night between feedings. But for now I somehow survive with maybe 5-6 hours of sleep.
But at least he is a happy baby during the day! ;)