Thursday, June 17, 2010

Carson's Bedtime Routine

Carson has come a long way in his bedtime routine. Since he was born he would fall asleep with us, first while he was nursing, then just while we were watching TV or whatever, then we would put him in bed. But while I was pregnant he just got out of control and would start staying up so late that we had to put a stop to it. When we got the toddler bed, he loved it and when I would say, "let's brush teeth," he would jump up and run to the bathroom then run to his bed. But after reading books and saying prayers, we would have to stay in there till he would fall asleep which would sometimes take up to an hour. After some time we started sitting in the hall where he could see us, till finally we would be able to just put him in bed and leave the room. It took a few months and we still have some rough nights (which I doubt will stop) but he has come so far. But now that he can go to bed on his own I totally miss spending that time with him. After we finish reading books and say prayers, he will tap the pillow next to him till we lay down. Then I will sing him some songs, he always asks for Twinkle Star first then Child of God. Sometimes he sings with me, he tries really hard to follow along. It is so sweet cause he will randomly lean over and give me kisses or he will jabber on and on about who knows what and it is so precious. I think we both need that one on one time to bond still.
Before we got the toddler bed Most nights Chyler and I will take turns putting him to bed but when Chyler is working late, I have to do it with both boys. They both love those nights and this time Kade went to sleep instead of Carson. Every time Kade is sleeping, Carson will whisper, "shh, sleeping." I've tried getting video of it but it isn't very clear.
Carson and I were playing with the camera instead of reading books

No comments: