Thursday, February 21, 2008

Our Sweet Baby Boy

Carson Chyler finally arrived on February 19th, 2008. He weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and was 19 in long. We checked into the hospital on the 18th at 8pm and I was induced the next morning. The night was very long and hard, I was in labor all night without any drugs. Let me just say that life was great once I got the epidural at 9am the next morning. After that it was just a waiting game until 4:50pm when he came out. The doctor gave the scissors to the nurse to cut the cord but luckily caught himself and gave them to Chyler to do the honors. Then the nurse took Carson to clean him instead of putting him on my tummy and I didn't get to see him for 40 minutes, I still feel sad about missing out on that, next time will definitely be different.
Carson was bight-eyed pretty much for the rest of the night while everyone came to see him and we finally got to sleep about 12:30am. It was a very, very long two days. Chyler was amazing the whole time and he jumped up at the slightest sound that Carson made which was great since I couldn't move much. Summerlin does not have a nursery so he stayed with us the whole time which we really enjoyed. We ended up checking out the next night because Chyler and I were done with the hospital thing and we were very grateful to our baby boy home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world of the blog. I look forward to seeing more...about me =)